Annual Fund Manager
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Development
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Intermittent local travel
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
SKILLS REQUIRED: Microsoft Office, Email, social media
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree
Applications should be submitted online: http://safehavenministries.org/employment/employee-application/.
This position is responsible for the oversight of all annual fund activities and includes identifying, researching, and securing funds available through individuals, foundations, and businesses. Qualified candidates will have proven success in managing various volunteer committees and the ability to inspire confidence. A minimum of five years fundraising experience is preferred.
Safe Haven Ministries—a nonprofit organization located in Grand Rapids, Michigan—believes in a multi-faceted approach to serving victims/survivors of domestic violence and preventing domestic violence in our community. Safe Haven offers comprehensive residential and non-residential services: confidential emergency shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence, psycho-educational support groups, individual case management and advocacy, and primary prevention training and outreach for the entire community.
Summary of Duties
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Development to determine annual development objectives and analyze donor communication and effectiveness. Create and manage strategic and detailed plans that meet annual and long-term resource development objectives.
- Recruit and renew committee members and event volunteers and ensure that they have appropriate tools, training, and support to be effective and efficient in their work on the organization’s behalf.
- Oversee the direct mail process and write/edit print materials (newsletters, appeals, etc.) to ensure best practices are being met or exceeded.
- Oversee and analyze donor communication strategies.
- Coordinate with the contracted grant writer for the completion of Annual Fund grants. Track the submission of proposals/grants, monitor proposal deadlines, and provide oversight for proposal follow-up reports.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising events. Assist in creation of all goals and the annual review of how all events work into the overall development plan and strategy.
- Act as liaison to staff for development communications.
- Assist with web content management and delivery/scheduling of communications and social media posts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required or Preferred
- Previous experience within a Fund Development setting of a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Strong ability to communicate, both written and verbally, about the organization and its mission.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and analyze the development strategy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of constituents, including board, donors, and community leaders.
- Required skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, email, social media, and general Internet functions.
- Some comfort with Giftworks or other donor management software preferred.
In addition to a competitive salary, Safe Haven offers health and retirement benefits as well as a generous PTO package.
Safe Haven Ministries has an organizational commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion. In that spirit, we welcome all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, medical condition, U.S. veteran/military status, pregnancy, or reasonable accommodation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Employees are required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Safe Haven is EEO.