Who is Eligible for Services?
Safe Haven Ministries’ services are available to women and their children who have experienced or who are experiencing domestic abuse. We serve all women equally regardless of age, race, religious belief, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socio-economic status.
To get help at Safe Haven, just call. It’s free, confidential, and available 24/7.
Are you in an abusive relationship?
Taking the Domestic Abuse Quiz might help you to answer this question. This quiz was created by women who have been abused by their intimate partners.
If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, consider getting help today.
- Has your partner used a weapon against you? Or threatened to?
- Have you been hit, choked, slapped, pushed, bitten, burned or grabbed?
- Has your partner threatened to beat or have sex with your children unless you do what he or she says?
- Has your partner forced you to have sex?
- Does your partner keep or take your paycheck against your wishes?
- Does your partner refuse to let you take the car?
- Does your partner make it hard for your friends or family to visit you?
- Does your partner regularly call you names?
- Does your partner say no one would ever want you if you left him or her?
- Do you change what you want to do because you’re afraid of their temper?
- Are you afraid if you left your partner they would kill you? Or him/herself?
- Has your partner made you commit a crime? Use drugs or alcohol against your will?
- After hitting you, does your partner act sweet and loving? Say they’re sorry? Cry? Buy gifts? Want sex?
- Does your partner want to know where you are every minute?
- Does your partner have extreme highs and lows?
- Has he or she hit a former partner?
- Does your partner believe you belong to them? Is he or she cruel to animals?
- Did your partner grow up in a violent family?
- Does your partner appear charming to outsiders?
- Does your partner treat you well in public but not in private?
- Does your partner say they can’t help losing their temper? Or that YOU made them lose it?