Who is Eligible for Services?
Safe Haven Ministries’ services are available to women and their children who have experienced or who are experiencing domestic abuse. We serve all women equally regardless of age, race, religious belief, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or socio-economic status.
To get help at Safe Haven, just call. It’s free, confidential, and available 24/7.
Are you in an abusive relationship?
Taking the Domestic Abuse Quiz might help you to answer this question. This quiz was created by women who have been abused by their intimate partners.
If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, consider getting help today.
- Has your partner used a weapon against you? Or threatened to?
- Have you been hit, choked, slapped, pushed, bitten, burned or grabbed?
- Has your partner threatened to beat or have sex with your children unless you do what he says?
- Has he forced you to have sex?
- Does he keep or take your paycheck against your wishes?
- Does he refuse to let you take the car?
- Does he make it hard for your friends or family to visit you?
- Does he regularly call you names?
- Does he say no one would ever want you if you left him?
- Do you change what you want to do because you’re afraid of his temper?
- Are you afraid if you left him he would kill you? Or himself?
- Has he made you commit a crime? Use drugs or alcohol against your will?
- After hitting you, does he act sweet and loving? Say he’s sorry? Cry? Buy gifts? Want sex?
- Does he want to know where you are every minute?
- Does he have extreme highs and lows?
- Has he hit a former partner?
- Does he believe you belong to him? Is he cruel to animals?
- Did he grow up in a violent family?
- Does he appear charming to outsiders?
- Does he treat you well in public but not in private?
- Does he say he can’t help losing his temper? Or that YOU made him lose it?