Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Classification: Part Time, Regular
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Key Relationships: Accounting Manager, Administrative Assistant, Development Coordinator, Management Team, Development Director, and Executive Team (any necessary)
Summary: Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget entry, payroll processing, and filing.
To apply, please complete the Employee Application.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Enter invoices and prepare timely payments
- Submit and record deposits weekly
- Processing payroll biweekly
- Data entry for payroll and employee expenses
- Budget entry into the accounting software
- Filing and scanning financial documents
- Prepare reports and other information as requested by the accounting manager
- 2 years accounting experience preferred
- QuickBooks, or similar accounting software
- Microsoft Office experience
- Experience with customer relationship management platform preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with executive team
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Safe Haven–a nonprofit organization located in Grand Rapids, Michigan–believes in a multi-faceted approach to serving victims/survivors of domestic violence and preventing domestic violence in our community. Safe Haven offers comprehensive residential and non-residential services; confidential emergency shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence; psycho-educational support groups; individual case management and advocacy; and primary prevention training and outreach for the entire community.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Employees are required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Safe Haven is an EEO.