JOB TITLE: Marketing and Communications Intern
SUPERVISED BY: Annual Fund Manager
HOURS: Part-time, 10-20 hours per week (non-exempt). Internship period from January 2020 – April 2020.
SALARY/BENEFITS: $500 stipend upon completion of the internship.
Safe Haven Ministries is now looking for an intern to assist in their Development Department. This position will include assisting with regular email communications, donor strategies, newsletter article writing, fundraising campaigns, and website or social media content.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with strategy and execution of fundraising campaigns, online and through the mail
- Create content for monthly organization e-news updates and mailed newsletters
- Assist with strategy to increase donor engagement through written and online communication
- Assist with website content refresh
- Collect data from email, website, and social media platforms to monitor performance
- Strong skills and experience in writing. Attention to grammatical detail is a must
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write articulately and effectively for a variety of audiences and across multiple mediums
- Proficiency in electronic and online communications, including social media, email, and website content
- Knowledge of and/or experience in writing and producing video content
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in basic computer applications and databases including G-Suite and Microsoft products
Applications received by January 31, 2020, will be given first consideration.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to a policy and culture of non- discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants. People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.