JOB TITLE: Production Manager
SUPERVISED BY: Ginny Koole, Engagement Director
HOURS: Part Time Volunteer Position, Flexible hours
The Production Manager coordinates all logistical aspects of the A Night in their Shoes fashion show prior to and on show day. Responsible for keeping models, stylists and backstage volunteers well informed on all production details. Works closely with Safe Haven staff and production team to ensure a fun, successful evening.
Safe Haven Ministries—a nonprofit organization located in Grand Rapids, Michigan—believes in a multi-faceted approach to serving victims/survivors of domestic abuse and preventing domestic violence in our community. Safe Haven offers confidential emergency shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence; support groups, individual supportive counseling, and advocacy for women and children who do not require shelter; and primary prevention training and outreach for the entire community.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with organization and preparation prior to event day
- Devise efficient plan for production flow
- Coordinate entirety of production on event day
- Oversee rehearsals and provide coaching for production crew
- Communicate with Fashion Show Committee on planning progress
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED OR PREFERRED
- Previous show production experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Detail oriented with great time management skills
- Candidate must be available for occasional rehearsal sessions and throughout the event day, October 20th
Application deadline is August 15th
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by volunteers in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications of volunteers assigned to this job. Volunteers are required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.