JOB TITLE: Maintenance Coordinator
HOURS: Part-time; non-exempt
To apply, please complete the Employee Application here.
The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for attending to the operating systems of the Safe Haven facility and grounds such that the building functions optimally and the services of the organization can be provided without interruption.
Safe Haven Ministries—a nonprofit organization located in Grand Rapids, Michigan—believes in a multi-faceted approach to serving victims/survivors of domestic violence and preventing domestic violence in our community. Safe Haven offers confidential emergency shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence; support groups, non-residential supportive services, advocacy for women and children who do not require shelter, and primary prevention training and outreach for the entire community.
Summary of Duties
- Develop in a timely fashion and maintain an organized system of monitoring the service delivery of all outside contractors. At a minimum, this is to include both an objective monitoring of their performance and an annual review of their contracts and pricing services. This involves trash removal, lawn care, snow plowing, elevator maintenance, and others as may be necessary.
- Respond to all staff calls regarding system operations issues. Unless there are service contracts in place, repairs or adjustments are to be accomplished by the Maintenance Coordinator if possible. As appropriate and necessary, the Maintenance Coordinator will coordinate the scheduling of outside service technicians.
- Monitor and coordinate the condition and maintenance of general building components, such as lighting, floor coverings, walls, ceilings, P-TAC heating units, etc. (bulb changes, filter cleaning/replacement, paint touch-ups, etc.).
- As directed, guide the development of bid specifications and shall obtain bids for special services when needed (window washing, carpet cleaning, large-scale interior painting, etc.).
- Beyond contracted grass cutting and snow plowing, monitor the general condition of the grounds. Periodic litter pick-ups and snow/ice removal from heavily traveled sidewalks and steps and motorized gate travel paths are important.
- Monitoring the general condition of the Safe Haven facility to ensure safety of all staff and residents and that preventative and routine maintenance is completed.
- In coordination with appropriate Safe Haven staff, will be consulted during facility emergency situations such as power outages, storm damage, inoperable systems, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required or Preferred
- The successful applicant for this position must satisfy all standard pre-employment background checks.
- The successful applicant must own reliable transportation and preferably live within a ten-mile radius of the Safe Haven Ministries facility.
- A minimum of ten years’ previous experience in a similar position is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Employees are required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to a policy and culture of non- discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants. People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.