JOB TITLE: Operations Manager
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director
HOURS: Full-time, non-exempt position; 40 hours/week
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
To apply, visit https://safehavenministries.org/employment/employee-application/.
Position Description: The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the administrative and operational activities of Safe Haven Ministries.
Safe Haven Ministries—a nonprofit organization located in Grand Rapids, Michigan—believes in a multi-faceted approach to serving victims/survivors of domestic violence and preventing domestic violence in our community. Safe Haven offers comprehensive residential and non-residential services; confidential emergency shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence; psycho-educational support groups; individual case management and advocacy; and primary prevention training and outreach for the entire community.
Summary of Duties
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Director and Maintenance Coordinator regarding daily operations at the facility, including communication with contracted services and scheduling inspections and maintenance as needed.
- Execute regular performance measures, reviews, coaching, and development with staff, in collaboration with Executive Director.
- Oversee all Human Resource functions, including the selection, supervision, and evaluation of quality staff to deliver services. Ensure employment policies are reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure all financial, tax, risk, and facilities requirements for the organization are fully met and executed according to current laws and regulations.
- Facility management oversight (e.g. troubleshooting issues, groundskeeping and walkway management, utilities, vendor management).
- Execute accounting duties: biweekly payroll processing, submit and record deposits weekly, enter invoices and prepare timely payments, filing and scanning financial documents, prepare reports as requested by accounting manager.
- Oversight of volunteer recruitment and management
Knowledge/Skills Required OR Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (business, organizational communication, public administration, etc.).
- Finance and Human Resource experience required (2 years accounting experience preferred, Quickbooks or similar accounting software, Microsoft office experience)
- Excellent oral and written communication and computer skills (Google Drive & WordPress experience preferred)
- Creative problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently & be flexible on the job
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients, donors, and vendors
- Sensitivity to confidentiality required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and/or qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Employees are required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Safe Haven is an EEO.