Types of Trainings and Presentations
Using varied teaching methods to reach diverse audiences, Safe Haven offers domestic violence prevention and education training throughout the community.
While each of these trainings can be tailored specifically to the audience and desired learning outcomes, some of the topics often covered in these trainings include:
- Teen dating prevention
- Domestic violence prevention
- Bystander intervention
- Social norms change
- Screening for domestic violence
- Supportive referrals
- Domestic violence policies & procedures for the workplace
- Violence prevention in the faith community
- Faith communities roles in supporting survivors
Safe Haven’s prevention and education program is especially suitable for:
- High schools & middle schools
- Faith communities
- Medical professionals
- Social service providers
- Social workers/Case managers/Therapists
- Trade schools
- Higher education, including student clubs and organizations
Request a Speaker
Safe Haven Ministries offers a variety of presentations about domestic abuse and can provide a speaker to visit your school, church, or business. Presentations can be tailored to suit any group and nearly every age level. Examples of presentations we offer regularly include teen dating violence prevention, presentations for salon professionals, presentations to churches, youth groups, classes and small groups, and presentations to businesses and agencies.
If you would like to request a speaker, please fill out the form below and include any additional information you think we may find helpful. We will contact you within a week of receiving your request.